Friday, June 1, 2007

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the Community Farm Kitchen blog! I hope to make it nice and good looking soon, but I'm apparantly not very tech-savvy so this will have to do for now. I've decided to set up a blog so that I can easily post the harvest and the menu plan each week. The idea is that CFK members can see what they're getting and what they've gotten in the past and get an insight into what we're thinking about as we plan the meals. Also, other members of the Community Farm of Ann Arbor and other CSAs and anyone interested in eating seasonally can get ideas and inspiration for how to cook with what's in season. All of this is part of fulfilling the CFK's goals of helping people connect with fresh, local, seasonal food and building community. I hope you're as excited about this as I am!

And now, harvest is about to start. The first farm distribution will be next Wednesday, June 6, 2007. Anne tells me that the harvest will include lettuce, peas, spinach, dill, cilantro, and green onions. The menu this week will depend somewhat on quantities, but I'm thinking of salad and spinach sauce for pasta and some other stuff. CFK pick up will be on Friday at the Anrthoposophical Society House from 4.30 to 7.30 pm. Hope you're as excited about this as I am!

Have a good week, everyone.
peace,
Mary

1 comment:

Kathy Daly said...

What wonderful news! Thanks, Mary--In the spirit of our farm, I recommend these two books for summer reading:

Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life" and Alisa Smith and B.J. MacKinnon's "Plenty: One Man, One Woman and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally." It reminded me that what the farm is doing doing is truly important. Available through your local library. :-)
Peace, Kathy